12 Apr Bars AKA Magic Bars
A really really simple bake, the hardest part is mixing the biscuit crumbs with the melted butter. Its also a flexible recipe. You can use whatever chocolate chips you have, or chop up a chocolate bar or Easter egg, or throw on some M&M’s. I list pecan nuts here but you can use walnuts or mixed nuts, or leave them out completely if you have none.
You will need an 8″ square tin (or I use a small roasting tin 10″ x 7″), lined with parchment paper.
Makes 12 bars
- 300g digestive biscuits bashed into crumbs
- 150g melted butter
- 100g chocolate chips – dark, milk or white (or a mix)
- 50g Pecan nuts chopped (or any other nuts)
- 100g desiccated coconut
- 1 x 397g tin sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 175C
- Mix together the melted butter and digestive crumbs to a wet sandy consistency and press firmly into the base of the tin. (Use a potato masher or bottom of a mug to press the base)
- Evenly sprinkle the chocolate chips on the base
- Repeat with the nuts
- Sprinkle on the coconut
- Slowly pour the condensed milk over the toppings taking care to completely cover everything.
- Bake for 30 minutes until golden.
- Leave in the tin for about an hour to allow it to set and then slice in squares.
- Enjoy! x