13 Apr Peanut Butter Halloween Spider Cookies
Peanut Butter spider biscuits
(Makes approximately 24 biscuits)
These biscuits are totally delicious on their own, or you can make them into a seasonal Halloween treat by adding peanut butter cup ‘spiders’ on top.
115g room temperature butter
115g peanut butter
110g light soft brown sugar
100g caster sugar
2 tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla
225g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3 tbsp of extra caster sugar to roll biscuits in
24 peanut butter cups
48 candy eyeballs or eyes made with chocolate chips
Chocolate buttercream or melted chocolate to pipe legs.
• preheat oven to 170 degrees, line a baking sheet with baking parchment.
• Cream together the butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, and caster sugar with an electric mixer in a large bowl until smooth. Beat egg into the creamed mixture until fully incorporated. Stir milk and vanilla extract into the mixture until smooth.
• In a separate bowl mix flour, baking soda, and salt together. Add to the wet mixture in the large bowl and stir until completely incorporated into a dough.
• Divide into 24 pieces and roll into balls.
• Place the extra caster sugar in a shallow bowl. Roll dough balls in sugar to coat and arrange about 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheets.
• Bake in preheated oven until golden brown, for 12-15 minutes.
• Remove cookies from oven and quickly press a dimple into the middle of each cookie using the end of a small rolling pin.
• Cool cookies on sheets for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
• To decorate: stick a peanut butter cup on top of each cookie with some melted chocolate or buttercream to hold it in place.
• Dab a small amount of buttercream or melted chocolate onto the back of each candy eyeball and stick two onto each peanut butter cup.
• Pipe melted chocolate or chocolate buttercream in four thin lines each side of the peanut butter cup to make the spiders legs.
• Store in an airtight container
• ENJOY!! Happy Halloween